Wellness Coach – Wellness Coaching Job Description
Wellness Coach wanted to assist our clients in finding new ways to inspire healthier habits. The position will work closely with our clients and their employees in promoting wellness and helping individuals realize their personal best. Our Wellness Coach will be responsible for developing a wellness coaching relationship with clients and assisting the client through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and education.
Wellness Coach – Wellness Coaching Responsibilities (Partial List)
- The Wellness Coach will be responsible for contacting participants that are eligible for the program for enrollment and provides necessary wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors.
- Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life.
- Responsible for supporting operational aspects of the division to meet the organization’s customer requirements and satisfaction.
- Develop and conduct onsite health-related wellness seminars and training courses for interested employees and family members
- Develop and distribute health education materials to identified employees and family members
- Develop customized care plan for program participants including goals and plan of action
- Coordinate Care with other health-related vendors for optimal patient care
Wellness Coach – Wellness Coaching Knowledge and Skills
Bachelor’s degree or higher in health promotion, health education, nursing, athletic training, nutrition, other health related field or counseling and two years of experience as a wellness coach. Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, pre-post natal care, stress reduction and chronic conditions and certification from an accredited professional wellness coach training program preferred.
Wellness Coach – Wellness Coaching Critical Success Factors
To be successful a Wellness Coach must have well-developed emotional and social competencies in these areas:
- Self-Confidence – A Wellness Coach can diplomatically express views that may be unpopular.
- Self-Control – A Wellness Coach is composed, positive, and focused under pressure
- Conscientiousness– A Wellness Coach is organized and always meets deadlines / commitments.
- Innovation – A Wellness Coach is open to new ideas, approaches and information.
- Achievement Drive – A Wellness Coach constantly strives to improve standards of excellence
- Commitment– A Wellness Coach makes sacrifices to meet goals and believes in core values
- Initiative – A Wellness Coach pursues goals beyond what’s required or expected of them
- Optimism – A Wellness Coach is persistent despite obstacles and expects success, not failure.
- Understanding – A Wellness Coach senses others feelings / perspectives, takes interest them.
- Service Orientation – A Wellness Coach anticipates, recognizes and meets customer needs.
- Influence – A Wellness Coach can effectively persuade others.
- Communication – A Wellness Coach deals with issues, listens and seeks mutual understanding.
- Conflict Management- A Wellness Coach is diplomatic, tactful and able to calm tense situations.
- Collaboration and Cooperation – A Wellness Coach is shares plans, information and resources.
The statements above describe the general requirements of the Wellness Coach job but are not intended as an all-inclusive listing of duties that may be required of the individual in this position from time to time.
Click the following ling to download a copy of the Wellness Coach – Wellness Coaching Jobs Description