Planning a Health Fair
Planning a Health Fair: Decide on a Budget
When planning a health fair it is important to decide on a budget:
- How much can you spend for the health fair?
- Do you need to have fund raisers ahead of time to help offset the costs?
- Are there any businesses that would consider donating to your health fair?
- Can you get volunteers to help in planning a health fair?
A potential source of income is the sale of refreshments by your organization. You may need a permit from local health authorities, permission from any existing or site food vendors, or the owner of the building.
Planning a Health Fair: Donation ideas
- health books or magazines
- health services such as massages, employee health screenings
- one day pass to a health club
- food samples from a health food store or healthy restaurant
Planning a Health Fair: Vendor Participation
Vendor participation is important when planning a health fair. Take into consideration:
- Approximately how many employees will be attending the health fair?
- What kind of activities do you want to have at the health fair? (Ex: healthy food samples, health screening, health plan information, etc.)
- Will there be a cost to the vendors to participate in the health fair?
- Are there duplicate vendors or health topics?
- If some vendors are in competition with one another place the booths in separate areas if possible.
- Notify vendors who else is participating
Refer to the sample letter to confirm the participation of vendors.