Health and Wellness in the Workplace
Promoting Health and Wellness in the Workplace is one of the best decisions an employer can make. To invest in Health and Wellness in the Workplace is to invest in your most valuable asset, your employees. At least 25 percent of the healthcare costs incurred by working adults are attributed to modifiable health risks such as poor diet and lack of exercise. With more pressure today than ever before, Corporate America is struggling to be profitable while healthcare costs continue to rise and attack the most important resource — employees. Most executives know that programs which promote Health and Wellness in the Workplace are the only way to have healthier employees and ultimately lower healthcare costs.
Research and Statistics
- Health and Wellness in the Workplace Programs that contain fitness components have reduced employer healthcare costs by 20 to 55 percent.
- Preventable illnesses make up 70 percent of illness costs in the United States.
- Research into Health and Wellness in the Workplace shows that by reducing just one health risk factor you can increase a person’s productivity on the job by 9 percent and reduce absenteeism by 2 percent.
- For every $1 the average company spends on Health and Wellness in the Workplace, it receives an average net benefit of $3.40 to $7.88.
Good for Employees, Good for Business
Research shows that Health and Wellness in the Workplace programs are not only good for your employees, but they are also good for business.
A study by the Health Management Research Center at the University of Michigan, for example, shows that Health and Wellness in the Workplace programs save employers on average up to $225 per employee each year in medical costs and productivity gains. In another study, published in the American Journal of Health Promotion, researchers found that more than half of the expenditures created by sick employees can be attributed directly to such unhealthy lifestyles as smoking, inactivity and obesity, which cost U.S. businesses $13 billion annually.
Moreover, presenteeism – when sick employees come to work and spread their illness, causing contagion and lower productivity – is also a growing concern addressed by Health and Wellness in the Workplace programs.
With this in mind, we have created an integrated, customized approach to keeping people healthy through Health and Wellness in the Workplace programs. Our Health and Wellness in the Workplace programs are intended to reduce absenteeism and presenteeism due to such issues as personal illness and stress and, by making people feel better, improve their productivity.
Infinite Health Coach has developed a tool for employers to trend the results of its Health and Wellness in the Workplace programs, showing clients how the benefits will surpass the investment on their wellness efforts.
These concepts are so beneficial to overall productivity that many MBA programs have incorporated courses that spotlight health and wellness in organizations.
Infinite Health Coach: Health and Wellness in the Workplace
The Health and Wellness in the Workplace Programs offered by our organization are individualized and customized to the needs of our clients. They may include any or all of the following services:
- Health and Wellness in the Workplace Consulting Services
- Employee Health Screening / Biometric Testing
- Disease Management Services
- Health Coaching Services
- Online Wellness Tools for Employee Wellness Programs
- Health Risk Assessments / Health Risk Appraisals
- Lifestyle Related Behavioral Change Programs (e.g. smoking cessation)
- Health Fairs / Wellness Fairs Management Services
- Fitness Center Discount Programs
- Fitness Center Management Services
- Corporate Wellness Program Incentives
- Health – Wellness Newsletters
- Self Care Guides and Education
- Wellness Seminars / Lunchtime Learning Seminars